Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh George!



Our boy George came to live with us on Saturday. Daved and I were both supposed to go pick him up from the breeder's house which is just outside Wickenburg, roughly 3 hours from Tucson, but I got called in to work on Saturday so Daved went by himself. He is even cuter than I remembered! He just follows us around anytime we walk anywhere, he happily plays with his toys, and he sleeps 2-3 hours for about every hour he is awake. Bedtime was a little interesting the first two nights as he cried for about 10-15 minutes after we put him to bed. He only likes to sleep for about 5 hours by himself, which is not exactly our sleep schedule. Last night, we decided to put him to bed in our room on the bed we bought him since we think he just doesn't like to be alone. We have planned on letting him sleep in our room once we can trust him to roam about our room. We put up his playpen around his bed in our room, and it worked out a lot better! He only wimpered a bit, and we had to let him out to go to the bathroom 3 times during the 9 hours we were in bed, but that was much better than him crying for an hour!(HAHA!! I think he might be having a dream right now that he is nursing again!!)
Anyway, we love him to pieces and I think he's pretty happy. He LOVES to play in our little patch of grass in the backyard, and he also loves to play inside his waterbowl... which makes for wet puppy paw prints all around our house. We're also very excited for him to grow up a bit so we can take him on walks and hikes, but I know that will happen soon enough.


2 comments:

Dustin and Katie said...

You can get a baby fix with my girls if I can get a puppy fix with George. He is so cute Missy!! Did you name him George or did he come named?
-Katie

Christi Provost said...

Hi! I just found your blog. George is so cute!
Christi Provost