Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Things I'll Do For A Job

Slowly but surely my VA (Veteran's Affairs) job is getting closer. I have now completed the last requirements that I'm aware of prior to beginning this job. The last of which was a physical I went to yesterday. Now, the word "physical" may entail a number of things, and I had no idea exactly what would be required. It started out with a vision test, then I was asked to move all of my limbs in every which way and bend in every direction possible. The physician happened to be one of the buffest women ever, and she asked me to hold out my arms and legs and she would push them in the opposite direction. It basically felt like I was losing an arm wrestling contest, but apparently I passed. I then proceeded to the diagnostics area in which I was required to give blood and also prove that I was not a drug user. So, there I am sitting with all the Veteran's who were waiting to get their blood drawn as well, waiting for my number to be called. It was very similar to waiting at the MVD, you take a number and wait. It was a bit of an odd situation. Finally, I was required to have an EKG...!!!! What??? I mean, it didn't hurt anything other than ripping the tape off my poor skin, but holy cow! An EKG!! Good news is my heart is in normal sinus rhythm, not that I was concerned. So, hopefully I have jumped through all hoops necessary for me to start this job soon.

1 comment:

Dustin and Katie said...

Yay you have a blog!! Welcome to bloggerville!

-K